Friday, February 28, 2014

Faith that Works is Faith according to Scripture and not Hollywood

In many Hollywood movies we often come across the phrase, "If you believe hard enough, it will happen", or "Just believe" or "Have faith" and many other variations which effectively makes irrational the concept of real FAITH, whether used traditional or Biblical faith.

It seems quite unfortunate but normal that since Satan's main goal for his existence is to distort Scripture so as to mislead the majority to his domain, he has quite successfully accomplished this through language distortion by confusing the meaning of key bible words so that hearers and readers will not understand and still fall short of true relationship with the God of the universe and Father of his true covenant or kingdom children.

(read Amplified Bible on James 1:6-8)

Faith of a child or a child's faith based on mindset.
The faith of a child springs from what she defnitely knows by sight, reasoning or experience to that which she knows just because of what she knows.

What the child knows by sight, reasoning or experience: He is my dad, I know him, I trust him completely.
What the child knows by faith: My dad loves me, will catch me if I jump to him, will scold or punish me if I am bad, etc....

Luke 18:16,17
Matt 18:2-4
Matt 19:13-15
  1. My father said so, so it must be true
  2. My father commanded, I must obey
  3. My father promised, he will fulfill
  4. My father loves me so much that he will protect and give his life for me.
To enhance the mental part of faith as far as your personal belief system in God, ask yourself:
  • Does my belief system or religion work?
  • Am I willing to die for what I believe?
If you answer no to any of the above, you don't have the faith that can conquer life, you may not even have the faith that can save yourself from the penalty of sin which is eternal death and separation from God.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really liked your article, I liked how you brought up the difference of the True Faith and "Hollywood" Faith. A lot of people tend to get confused at the thought of Faith because of what they see on TV, so I'm so glad you brought this up. I think it's so important to know the difference in these days. It made me think of faith related to miracles and if there is a such thing as coincidence. While reading this article I thought about another article that I liked about the way things happen because of Gods will. This is the link for that article http://goo.gl/1f8dfP you should take a look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gracie. It is important to note two important things when it comes to faith. First, of primary importance is WHO or WHAT is the object of that faith? It does not matter how much so called "faith" we have if it is based on the wrong object or person, it is NOT the faith of Scripture. It is not enough to have faith in God. Which God? Islam has their God. Even different Christian denominations have different versions of God. Some say that Jesus is not God. Some say that everyone can become God. The ONLY true God is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of Israel as depicted in the Word of God. The TRUE Biblical and historical Judeo-Christian God is a triune God who is unique. There is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. There is and will never be any God besides Elohim or Yahweh who is a Triune God and God NEVER changes, He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Secondly, faith is an intelligent action from a willing actor. God wants us to love Him with ALL our MIND according to the Greatest Commandment. Hence, our faith must be intelligently and confidently based on the ONE true God and His Word. "Faith comes by hearing the word of Christ (God) (Romans 10:17 ESV short version)" Otherwise, it is meaningless and subject to manipulation by the god of this world, Satan.

    ReplyDelete