Friday, September 13, 2019

Of Pastors, Suicides and the Third Commandment

The recent unfortunate news about high-profile pastors committing suicide is bothersome to us. Primarily because we hear from the mentors that they are in heaven and there is absolutely no foundation for those kinds of false statements. We are not here to judge where these pastors may be, it is indeed up to the Lord who will dispense judgment according to our deeds or works.
1
  • CrossCulture West Covina What we can simply state is that this is a DIRECT VIOLATION of the 3rd commandment of God. People who BEAR the name of the LORD in vain. Romans 2:24, "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."
    1
  • CrossCulture West Covina I didn't say it. I simply quoted what Saint Paul, a Christian willing to give up his life for the faith, declared in Scripture! Harsh, yes, but Biblical, absolutely!
    1
  • CrossCulture West Covina So did these Pastors give up their lives for the faith? Or did they give up their lives for the wrong faith? It behoves Christians to wrestle with these issues or we will not be able to help those so-called Christians who are still thinking of taking their own lives and continue to shame the name of their Lord.
  • CrossCulture West Covina Hmm, but didn't God end the 3rd commandment by saying, "the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain". Sorry for offending many of you who are faithful but someone has to say what God has said. We lack prophets nowadays, those who bring "bad news" to the people of God. Some might say, "What if the same thing happened to me?". All I can say is that the Bible truths ring true regardless of my circumstances. If that happened to me, THEN I have the wrong faith, or no true faith and I definitely AM carrying the good name of the Lord in vain and I have insulted him by living a life that is the opposite of the gospel. Feel free to declare that to me if that happens, I will forgive you because you are EXACTLY RIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment